2016 Chevy Equinox
Get it now Starting at $22,600
2016 Chevy Equinox
The 2016 Chevy Equinox has arrived, and Plainfield and Indianapolis area drivers have been visiting Andy Mohr Chevrolet to learn more about their next family crossover. Available in four trims, the new Equinox is customizable to fit your family. Whether you need something for the daily commute, an off-road adventure, or a little of both, the Equinox is the right choice.Find Your New Equinox Secure this offer
Trims and Pricing
Four trim levels ensure that 2016 Chevy Equinox will get the job done. From the basic L to the luxury LTZ, this crossover remains one of the most versatile and affordable models in its class.
- Equinox L: MSRP from $22,600
- Equinox LS: MSRP from $26,960
- Equinox LT: MSRP from $28,200
- Equinox LTZ: MSRP from $31,490
If you set the current 2016 Chevy Equinox beside the 2015 model, you'll notice more front end elements that bring the vehicle into keeping with the rest of the Chevrolet lineup. A new dual-port grille and a lower front fascia are going to be the most noticeable updates, though the new LED running lamps on the LT and LTZ models will surely stand out. New wheel designs and the V6 chrome exhaust outlets give the Equinox extra polish.
With two engine options, the 2016 Equinox already has the edge over many of its competitors. When you need extra power, the Equinox is ready:
- The standard 2.4L I-4 engine is rated at 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque, earning an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/32 mpg highway.
- The available 3.6L V6 features dual exhaust tips that help give it more kick, bringing the output to 301 hp and 272 lb-ft of torque and an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/24 mpg highway.
All-wheel drive is available for both engines, and V6 models are capable of towing as much as 3,500 pounds.
Interior Design and Features
While the 2016 Chevy Equinox has been around for some time, Chevy keeps breathing new life into it with interior and technology upgrades. Across all trims, the Equinox features a big backseat with plenty of room to stretch out, and with the following features, everyone should be kept connected:
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Connectivity: Standard on every Equinox, you can take the Internet with you, connecting your devices wherever you roam.
- 7-inch Touchscreen Interface: Each Equinox has a standard 7-inch touchscreen interface to manage technology featues, vehicle settings, and to display the rearview camera.
- Navigation: The available navigation package adds a built-in nav system.
- Pioneer Audio: Upgrade the stereo to an eight-speaker Pioneer audio system that delivers high-quality music, radio, and podcasts.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The 2016 Chevy Equinox puts safety as its highest priority. With six standard airbags, an automatic crash response system, and a rearview camera, the Equinox also makes use of the following features:
- Rearview Camera: Shift into reverse and the standard rearview camera shows what's behind your car.
- OnStar: OnStar can notify the authorities in the event of an accident, help in the recovery of a stolen vehicle, and send roadside assistance your way.
- Side Blind Zone Alert: Available radar sensors detect when a vehicle is in your blind spot and warn if you've signaled to change lanes where a vehicle is currently located.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: This feature uses the same radar sensors as the Side Blind Zone Alert to let you know if cars are coming from either side as you back up.
With features like these, is it any wonder that the new Equinox earned a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety?
2016 Chevy Equinox Reviews
While we want to hear your 2016 Chevy Equinox reviews when you take a test drive, you'll be happy to know that the critics are also fans:
- Edmunds: "The 2016 Chevy Equinox is a worthy choice for a small crossover SUV, particularly if you're interested in one with a nice ride and an available V6 engine … [It has a] quiet interior, comfortable ride, [and a] spacious and adjustable backseat."
- The Car Connection: "The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox has one of the most spacious, quiet, and versatile interiors among smaller crossovers, and it loads on the value."
- Kelley Blue Book: "[The] 2016 Chevrolet Equinox revealed in Chicago is prepared to keep the momentum rolling … With the visual and functional upgrades on the 2016 Equinox hitting showrooms in the fall, it looks to become a more formidable foe of the Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5 and Toyota RAV4."
Test Drive an Equinox
To learn more about the 2016 Chevy Equinox available now in Indianapolis and Plainfield, visit Andy Mohr Chevrolet at 2712 E. Main St. in Plainfield. Contact us online or by phone at 855-735-8726 if you have any questions or want to schedule a test-drive today.Contact Us